- This event has passed.
Auditions: Scarecrow for Hire, 28-29 November
This Audition: November 29, 2021 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 7:00 pm on Sunday and Monday, repeating until November 29, 2021
Scarecrow for Hire
By Tony Beeman
Directed by Brian Francis
January 21 – February 6, 2022
Auditions: November 28-29, 2021
The Bellingham Theatre Guild will be holding auditions for Scarecrow for Hire, by Tony Beeman on Sunday November 28th and Monday November 29th at the Guild Playhouse – 1600 H Street. This production is a new twist on The Wizard of Oz, reimagining it like a film noir.
There are parts for four men and two women. Auditions will consist of improv games and cold readings.
Auditioners will be doing cold readings from the script. They should also be prepared for improvisation exercises. Although based upon a popular children’s story, this telling takes a decidedly different approach.
If needed, call-backs will be Tuesday evening, November 30th. First read-through on Wednesday, December 1st.
Please contact the director, Brian Francis at email@example.com with any questions.
- Jack Straw (scarecrow) is an unlicensed private investigator. Stoic. Rarely without a drink.
- Nick Chopper (tin man) is the last honest cop in Oz
- Leon Strachajlo (lion) is a terrible boxer (record of 2 – 18). Blustering, but barely able to hold himself together
- The Mayor of Oz (Wizard) – on the surface a powerful man, but underneath he’s greedy, dishonest and a corrupt politician.
- Esme West (wicked witch) is a bit of a femme fatale. Accustomed to being in charge
- Dorothy is being framed, by Esme, for the murder of Elspeth (Esme’s sister).
Proof of vaccination will be required in order to audition.